Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Day

Before class today, I went to soccer camp. It was exhausting and I was forced to do many drills. Everyone was sweating like crazy because it was extremely hot outside. After a quick lunch I went to camp.
Today we read another short story from Chicken Soup for the Soul called One at a Time. It was about a man who would walk by the seashore throwing all the starfish on land into the water. With each starfish he threw into the ocean, he made a difference, one at a time.
We also read a poem called Touch of a Master's Hand. The meaning of the poem was that everyone has something special, a soul, and when taken care of well, it can make a great person. I think that this lesson is very valuable.
In class we also voted on a topic for our presentation/speech that we will show tomorrow. I chose "Are video games good or bad?", the topic that I made up. But the official topic became "Should you tell lies?".
After this, we practiced our public speaking skills by reintroducing ourselves while showing the 3 things: Eye Contact, Poise, and Confidence. Right after this someone came up with the idea of a yelling game, where we would go around first whispering and then slowly increase in volume until we were yelling. I found that activity very fun.
Thoughout the class the teacher gave us candy and other prizes for various reasons. That was a good idea. Overall, I learned a lot today!

No comments:

Post a Comment